Médica Sur is a health care institution that comprises medical attention, research, diagnostic, teaching and community service. The institution has brought together a select group of medical, nursing, administrative and hospital management professionals who –guided by a strict ethical code and backed up by cutting edge technology— thrive to offer medical excellence with human warmth. Médica Sur Group has evolved into a High Specialty Center, at its Medical-University Complex on the south side of Mexico’s capital city. Secondary level care at Médica Sur Lomas Hospital in the middle of the Mexico City´s metropolitan area.
Médica Sur has as mission the health of its patients, and offer a just alternative to Mexico in Medicine. The patient is the most important reason for its creation and this principle will prevail in any relationship or service that is granted to the community. Its vision is to be the most prestigious Medical Services Group in Mexico in attention to the community, in the development of teaching and biomedical research in the technological forefront. Be self-sustaining and profitable at capacities achievable by the population.
Cancer Treatments provided at Medica Sur include surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormonal therapy, bone marrow transplant, and targeted molecular treatment. They also provide the PAXMAN Scalp Cooling System recognized worldwide as the leading product for the prevention of hair loss during chemotherapy treatment.
At Médica Sur they provide all the surgery options for cancer treatment: from the traditional open one to the less-invasive ones:
- Laparoscopy: it is performed through small incisions in the skin through which the equipment is inserted to remove the tumor.
- Endoscopy: introduces the surgical instruments through a hole in the body, such as the vagina for cervical cancer cases.
- Cryosurgery – freezes and kills cancer cells using liquid nitrogen.
- Mohs micrograph: used for skin cancer and removes malignant cells with a microscope-controlled procedure.
The hospital is at the same level as the best in the world and they have the technical specifications required to perform any surgery with the most advanced technology in Mexico in medical areas and highly specialized centers:
- Cancer Center . first center in Mexico for interdisciplinary care in cancer treatments consisting of radiotherapy, chemotherapy, nutrition, and palliative care.
- Radiation Therapy : Minimally Invasive Advances for Cancer Treatment Using Radiation.
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery : technology to treat injuries and tumors within the skull.
- Infusion Therapy Unit : center specialized in chemotherapy.
- Imaging : the only hospital in Mexico with 3 multislice tomographs.
- Nuclear medicine: application of therapy with radioactive substances.
- Angiography: procedure to detect pathologies of the Vascular System.
- Magnetic resonance: diagnostic imaging with high-power magnets, and non-invasive treatment.
- Brain microsurgery: guided by digital images.
- Endoscopy: medical procedure for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes and both in children and adults.
- Gastroenterology: Specialty focused on diseases that develop in the digestive system.
- Cardiology: timely detection, prevention, and treatment of risks and cardiovascular diseases.
- Radiology and imaging: imaging studies of any level of specialization.
- Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment Center (CIDyT): specialized medical services for the evaluation of the current state of health, timely detection of diseases, and prevention of complications of possible diseases in the medium term.
- Obesity and bariatric surgery: an alternative to reduce the effects of obesity and alleviate its physical and emotional consequences.
All areas intended for patient care are duly adapted with handrails, ramps, adjustable beds and the necessary accessories for a comfortable stay and quick recovery.
The equipment we have is state-of-the-art technology, not only in Mexico, but in Latin America, since they are innovative devices that allow us to provide a much more reliable and accurate diagnosis. It is the latest in private hospitals in Mexico.
- Gamma Knife: safe and definitive non-surgical solution. Offering a non-invasive, outpatient alternative with excellent results. Gamma-ray treatments in one session, without general anesthesia and with the possibility of avoiding hospitalization.
- SONOCUR: extracorporeal shock wave therapy. Non-invasive treatment for the care of chronic lesions of the musculoskeletal system.
- PET-CT: positron emission tomography fused with computed tomography that provides greater precision and security in the results. The advantages are the detection of areas with greater metabolic activity, guidance when malignant tumors are suspected and their extension to other organs, it helps the doctor to decide whether to perform surgery, continue with the treatment or suspend a certain treatment.
- TrueBeam, the most advanced radiotherapy equipment in the world.
- Microdermabrasion: allows a deep exfoliation through aluminum crystals.
- Medtronic Navigator – Helps perform computer-assisted surgical procedures in specialties such as Neurosurgery, Orthopedics (spine, knee, hip), and Otolaryngology (implant placement, catheters, biopsies, resections). Minimally invasive surgery, safety, precision, lower costs due to reduced surgical time and hospital stay times.
Throughout the treatments they take care of each patient in all their aspects: medical, psychological, nutritional, prevention and pain control. In addition, they take your family members into account, in order to develop a warm and human support network that will accompany you at all times.
For advanced cases of cancer in which cure is no longer possible, they work so that each patient has the best quality of life within the possibilities allowed by the disease, also providing individual and family psychological support, if desired.