QuironSalud Spain has an Oncology Department that consists of multidisciplinary units, in which different specialties are teamed up and totally integrated. They have a seamless and constant relationship between these, sharing their knowledge in multi-disciplinary committees to achieve their common goal: the best interest of the patient.
- To guarantee precision oncology, they have all the next-generation diagnostic resources, such as genomics platforms, liquid biopsy, pathological anatomy and molecular biology.
- They carry out research and clinical trials to better understand the causes of cancer, its biological behaviour and patterns, and to provide treatments which are more and more personalised and effective.
Diseases, treatments and techniques Leukaemia, Melanoma, Lymphoma, Bone cancer, Tumours – such as Musculoskeletal tumours, Gynaecological tumours, Head and neck tumours (otolaryngology and maxillofacial), Neurological tumours (CNS and peripheral), Breast tumours, Urological tumours, Digestive tumours, Chest tumours, Paediatric tumours, Brain tumours and other central nervous system tumours
Paediatric hemato-oncology – Their Paediatric Haemato-Oncology Department is a multidisciplinary unit focussed on treating children with any blood disease and all types of malignant tumours. They have a 24-hour emergency department, a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, and nursing staff who are highly specialised in dealing with child patients
- A multi-disciplinary unit focussed on treating children with any blood disease and all types of malignant tumours.
- They carry out cancer research to better understand its causes, its biological behaviour and the patterns of childhood cancers
Diseases, treatments and techniques – Leukaemia, Brain tumours and other tumours of the central nervous system, Lymphoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumour, Bone cancer, Gonadal germ cell tumours (testicle and ovary)
Haematology – Their Haematology Department consists of specialist physicians in haematology and haemotherapy, with extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of haematological malignancies. It leads the way in introducing procedures to Spain, such as haematopoietic stem cell transplants, and it is accredited to perform allogeneic transplants from a family donor.
- They are accredited to perform allogeneic transplants from a family donor.
- They have a highly-qualified team of professionals with over 20 years’ experience in clinical practice.
Diseases, treatments and techniques – Anaemia, Thrombocytopenia, Leukopenia, Immunodeficiencies, Coagulopathy, Thrombophilia, Acute leukaemia, Chronic leukaemia, Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, Multiple myeloma, Bone marrow aplasia, Myelodysplastic syndromes, Myeloproliferative disorders
Gynaecological oncology – Their Gynaecological Oncology department provides comprehensive treatment to patients with gynaecological cancers (including the breasts), from diagnosis to cure, which involves implementing an early-detection screening programme (checks), treating the primary and relapsing disease (through surgery, antiblastic treatment and radiotherapy) and oncological monitoring (including palliative treatment). They are also experts in radical pelvic surgery (vulvectomy, vaginectomy, debulking, complete surgical staging); ultra-radical surgery (partial and total pelvic exenteration); reconstructive surgery; breast surgery (including the sentinel lymph node); endoscopic surgery; or primary or relapsing genital prolapse surgery.
- Experts in treating breast and ovarian cancer.
- Specialists in complex techniques.
- Comprehensive patient care, from early detection to surgery.
Diseases, treatments and techniques – Tumours (they treat breast, ovarian, fallopian tube, cervical, endometrial, myometrial, vulvar, vaginal and peritoneal tumours. Their oncological gynaecology team is expert in both laparotomy and laparoscopy surgical techniques. They perform colposcopies, hysteroscopies and use the CUSA technique. The centre has a CO2 laser for maximum precision in incisions and minimal blood. They specialise in total pelvic procedures with reconstruction of extirpated organs; modified radical hysterectomies through laparoscopy and vaginal hysterectomies assisted by laparoscopy; primary and secondary debulking; and simple and radical mastectomies and sentinel lymph node removal in breast tumours. Also, simple and radical vulvectomies with the vulvar sentinel lymph node; radical vaginectomies; vulvovaginal and perineal reconstructions; and panniculectomies in cases of morbid obesity to be able to perform correct oncological surgery.